Thai massage, also known as Thai massage or traditional Thai massage, is a form of body therapy originating in Thailand. This age-old technique combines pressure on acupressure points, passive body stretching and joint manipulation to improve energy flow and promote balance and relaxation.
What is Thai massage?
Thai massage, also known as “Thai massage”, is a traditional form of physical therapy and relaxation originating in Thailand. It is based on principles of traditional Thai medicine and massage techniques traditionally used in this culture.
Thai massage is an interactive form of massage in which the therapist uses a combination of pressure on key energy points, stretching and rhythmic movements to help relax and restore balance to the patient’s body. The technique is based on the concept of energy lines, known as ‘sen’, which are believed to run through the body and connect various organs and systems.
A Thai massage session usually takes place on a comfortable mat on the floor in a quiet and relaxing environment. The therapist uses hands, fingers, wrists, elbows and even feet to apply pressure and perform stretching movements. Some specific techniques include pressure point pressing (called “acupressure”), assisted stretches, pulling and pressure along energy meridians.
Thai massage – benefits
Thai massage has several benefits that make it so sought after and recommended for relaxation and to restore mobility and flexibility. The most important benefits and advantages are:
- Deep relaxation: Thai massage uses rhythmic movements, controlled pressure and passive stretching to help release tension and relax tense muscles. It can induce a deep state of relaxation and inner peace.
- Improved flexibility and mobility: Passive stretching techniques in Thai massage help to improve joint flexibility and mobility. These movements help release tension in the muscles and restore normal range of mot
- Stimulating circulation and energy flow: Through pressure applied to specific acupressure points and massage movements, blood circulation and energy flow through the body is stimulated. This can help remove energy blockages and restore balance.
- Reducing stress and anxiety: Thai massage can help reduce stress and anxiety levels by stimulating the release of endorphins and promoting a state of deep relaxation.
- Improved general health: By stimulating the lymphatic system, Thai massage can help detoxify the body and strengthen the immune system. It can also relieve muscle pain, strained backs and other physical ailments.
Thai massage – recommendations
Muscle tension and stiffness.
Stress and anxiety.
Back pain or spinal-related conditions.
Joint pain or rheumatic conditions.
Blood or lymphatic circulation problems.
Desire to achieve a general state of relaxation and balance.
When going for Thai massage, it is important to choose the right parlour so that you only work with capable staff who know exactly what they have to do and which techniques are best to use depending on the patient’s specific needs.
In our massage parlour we have created the perfect environment where you can relax and enjoy all the benefits of a quality massage. We only work with qualified staff who know exactly what they have to do to provide the comfort the patient wants and to contribute in a personalised way to the relief of symptoms caused by tense muscles and painful contractions. We are continually refining to get to the best version of ourselves. We welcome our clients in a relaxed and modern environment, specifically designed to provide the help every person needs.